Tip #273 - Understanding the Ribbon in Version 6
Applies to all our Products
If the Ribbon toolbar is still a tiny bit mysterious, we have put together a visual aid to help you know and see what our new version's Ribbon offers. Not only is it intuitive, but it gives you a taste of advanced, up-to-date applications, and we'll start out with highlighting the following:
1. This is the regular menu, which drops down when clicking on the WM icon.
2. This row of options is the quick-access toolbar. You can find these within the other options, but this row helps you get to them faster.
3. This arrow is the drop-down menu for changing the theme of your program's interface (see our next to last tip #271).
4. This is the options indicator. When you see this at the bottom of a section, it means there are more options if you click on it.
5. The captions at the bottom of the grouped button sections let you know the topic of the buttons included.
Points 1 and 2 on the above screenshot show you how you can hide the toolbar fast and easy. If you click twice on any of the upper tabs (1), the buttons will hide and will appear momentarily if you hover over any of these tabs (the buttons will autohide when you withdraw the cursor). If you click on the hide arrow shown in 2, the toolbar will hide but without the autohide option. (See figure below). Clicking on it again will restore the buttons and ribbon to its regular display.
And last but not least, look for more hidden features clicking on the arrows within the buttons.
Clicking on them will display all the other functions pertaining to that particular button, for you convenience.
Look out for our next How To tip, regarding the new format and functions of our newest Version 6!